- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your date?
- How will we use your date?
- How do we store your date?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
UStart Belgium ASBL collects the following data:
- Personal identification information: Name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Academic information: University, field of study, etc.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide UStart Belgium ASBL with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our product or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
UStart Belgium ASBL may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Facebook and Instagram
How will we use your data?
UStart Belgium ASBL collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
If you agree, UStart Belgium ASBL will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When UStart Belgium ASBL processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies ro prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
UStart Belgium ASBL securely stores your data at the Google data center and will keep your data retained indefinitely.
UStart Belgium ASBL would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partners companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opts out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop UStart Belgium ASBL from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the UStart Belgium network (local clubs).
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe to our newsletter.
What are your data protection rights?
UStart Belgium ASBL would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access — You have the right to request UStart Belgium ASBL for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification — You have the right to request that UStart Belgium ASBL correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request UStart Belgium ASBL to complete information you believe is ncomplete.
The right to erasure — You have the right to request that UStart Belgium ASBL erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing — You have the right to request that UStart Belgium ASBL restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing — You have the right to object to UStart Belgium ASBL’s processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data protability — You have the right to request that UStart Belgium ASBL transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email : email@example.com.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For futher information, visit allaboutthecookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality — UStart Belgium ASBL uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remeber you previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising — UStart Belgium ASBL uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. UStart Belgium ASBL sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the following website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser (allaboutthecookies.org). However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Avenue Beau Vallon 9, 1410 Waterloo
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a compliant or if you feel that UStart Belgium ASBL has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.